Week 73: Here's a Fun Hiking Story


Here are some pictures from a recent zone activity.
The first photo is of my companion and I while on a zone hike.

There is also a picture of a tree and a bush. If you zoom in near the tree you'll notice a broken branch on the ground and there is also a broken limb on the tree. 



I tried to use that branch to support me while I passed the bush, but it broke. Then I stumbled into the bush. The bush was kind of sharp.
The next photo is of just one of many splinters I pulled out of my legs over the course of a week or so afterwards haha. I think they're all out now.


 Moral of the story: don't put your complete trust in tree branches. Nephi warns us of similar dangers when he says "I know that cursed is he that putteth his trust in the arm of flesh. Yea, cursed is he that putteth his trust in man or maketh flesh his arm." Rely on God and Jesus Christ, trust the Spirit to guide you. I can promise if you do that, you will avoid many thorns that come from poor choices. We cannot avoid all trials, sometimes those trials come from our poor decisions but other times they come from decisions of others. Either way, we can find healing, forgiveness, and strength through the Atonement of Jesus Christ.
Thank you everyone who has sent prayers my way. I appreciate them very much!

Love,

Elder Anderson

Comments

Popular Posts