Week 54: Happy 4th!


This week I had a great opportunity to bear testimony of the Book of Mormon. I testify of the Book of Mormon every day and it has helped me come to love the Book more and more. But there are times when I feel the Holy Spirit a little stronger and a little deeper as I testify. I cant exactly explain the feelings but I know I feel them, and more importantly I know what they mean. The Spirit of God testifies of truth. God wants us to know what is true and what is false. By the power of the Holy Ghost I can feel that these things are true. Heavenly Father loves me. He wants me to live with Him again. He is just and merciful. The sacrifice of Jesus Christ was for each and every one of us. Christ's Atonement is infinite. Joseph Smith is the Prophet of the Restoration. Joseph Smith translated the Book of Mormon from gold plates that he was lead to by the angel Moroni. The Book of Mormon is the word of God. We have a living Prophet today, his name is Russell M. Nelson, and he is the Lord's mouth piece here on earth. This gospel will bless everyone who chooses to live it. We can seek to find physical evidences of the truthfulness of these things, but without a Spiritual witness that they are true, there will be no conversion. I don't have a birth certificate that proves that I'm a son of God, but I have something better. I have the Spirit to tell me it is true. "The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God".

As most of you know, the fourth of July is this week and as some of you know, its my favorite holiday. We have to be in early on that day but I'm excited to celebrate in my heart. Freedom is a big deal and I'm happy when I feel free. Freedom is why we are all on earth. We wanted freedom and God wanted freedom for us. We are free to choose! Choose to be happy this week! Celebrate with fireworks for me! Thank you to everyone who has sent letters and packages! I appreciate them so much! I hope you all have a great week!

Love,

Elder Anderson

Comments

Popular Posts